gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] func_relativize

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] func_relativize
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:59:21 +0200

Hi Bruno,

I continue my work. The last commit was big, but it could be even bigger if I've understood how func_relativize works. I undestand what it does, but can't understand how. Could you help a bit, please? I could have used default Python's relpath, but it returns the wrong result, because it reads directories from system (while we need to compute reldir without scanning system). Could we do the work of the func_relativize a bit simplier? I think that we can split SRC and DEST paths using str.split('/') to work with them, but I don't understand what to do with these paths to get the same result as in old func_relativize.

The plans for the next two days will be to finish GLFileAssistant.add_or_update, GLFileAssistant.add and to continue to work on GLImport. As I see this part of code is the most hard (except emit_* functions), so I may need your help frequently.

Thank you!