Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: database schema, was Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and o

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: database schema, was Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:37:44 +1000

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 04:49, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > How do I make sure
> > what I added will work with other people's ideas for describing
> > the psychiatry domain?
>
> You don't. And incidentally you don't enforce that with OIO
> either lest you explain me how. The same way there could be
> two different tables describing a particular psychiatric

You could. My idea was to "freeze" the ER scripts at some stage, and then
have a CVS repository with "modification scripts" - scripts that modify or
add entioties / relationships to the current design.

If everybody who uses gnumed sticks to submitting all updates they make
only AFTER checking whether an update covering these needs hasn't been
checked in we could reach a very reasonable level of global compatibility

Horst