[Gnumed-devel] wxGlade

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] wxGlade
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 08:49:17 +1000

Had a quick play with this  a few moments ago after downloading. Certainly a
huge leap in gui implementation for wxPython.

Very bug laden and dies even with accidently hitting a letter key in some of
the input boxes, However....

I'd encourage all you would be developers to download it and start playing
with it. You now have no excuse not to at least generate the gui framework of
a python project and hence visually contribute your ideas to gnumed.

The python code it generates is clear as well.

I'll spend a couple of hours on it over the weekend and post a short tutorial
pointing out the do's and don'ts to let you navigate it without it
continually falling over (e.g I found even resizing the frame it generated on
occasions (random) made it die!

Brilliant effort, lets get into it. It almost makes me feel I'm back in VB!
To download open a terminal and at the prompt in your home directory type:
(sorry cut and paste!):

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/wxglade login
(all one line) then  hit enter at the password
next type:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/wxglade co
wxGlade  (all one line)
For documentation and a short tutorial: