[Gnumed-devel] LDAP

From: Tony Lembke
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] LDAP
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:14:49 +1000

Gnumedders,

I have established an openLDAP server at
http://www.ldap.medicine.net.au

(as well as a keyserver at http://www.keyserver.medicine.net.au)

There is a webbased interface to the openldap server (using web2ldap, a python app).
There is not any significant information in it at present.

My proposal is that
1) we establish standard open-source healthWorker and healthOrg object classes for ldap schema. 2) that we work on a python address book client module for gnumed that integrates with our postgresql database but also searches from and replicates with the ldap server. I am happy to start this, as well as a web based user-friendly php based front end for the ldap server.

If we made this address book also operate as a stand-alone app, and made it available to GPs, and divisions of general practice, who currently all keep the same information on local services, we could soon populate a network of servers with a useful (International) medical resource directory.

I would value the feedback of the team on these ideas.

Regards,

Tony Lembke