Re: [Gnumed-devel] inter-module communication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] inter-module communication
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 01:06:05 +0200

> B's callback : get copy of X
Ay, there's the rub ! To my understanding we are signalling
_change_ of state, not state itself. So a) when I receive a
change of state event I better update myself and b) when I am
instantiated I _know_ that I need to update myself to the
current state of things.

In any case we are signalling that the _backend_ has changed,
not the state of some arbitrary frontend object. Extending
this to server-level listen/notify we are able to even signal
other clients but that's another matter.

At one point we might need to make the decision whether
gmDispatcher should automatically notify other clients via the
backend as well. We should then probably introduce a backend
level notification "request_notification_for(an_event)" that
_all_ decent clients need to listen to.