Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:55:37 +0200

> I just went quickly through all the modules/plugins that did not load and
> "fixed" all of them in a way so that they at least load again. Most of it was
> either typos or left-over merging ambiguities.
I was wondering since it worked well on my machine.

> Richard, did you progress regarding a few sample data from MIMS for a demo
> release? If so, would be nice if we could get it running s.a.p.
I have Hilmar working on AMIS. I also don't think we'll run
into trouble extracting a few records from their complete
database and putting that in CVS. I also recently talked to
the German Ministry of Health and mentioned the AMIS
encumbrances. They seemed quite welcoming to supporting our
efforts even if non-committing.

> Instead of doing the backend connection thing all myself, I am just typing up
> a tutorial loaded with "howto" examples for most situations in the hope that
> more people will join me
That would be me, then, for example :-)

> Has anybody taken up yet the request for Dia diagrams of the existing tables?
> Would make it a lot easier for newcomers to understand the backend design.
Hilmar is working on a general overview of the GnuMed design.
I don't think he's into Dia, though.

I'm attending an all-day ultrasound course currently (and
doing night shifts, of course :-) so will be a little short of
time for the next 4-5 days.