Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:40:59 +0200

> 1)Duplication in wording/headings removed
Good.

> 2)Site location/room included in login heading
A better place than I suggested.

> 3)Date ?relevence to login screen removed
Debateable but I won't argue.

> 4)Help comment ?relevance to login screen removed as have a help button
True. Didn't think of that when I suggested the "help: " line.

> 5)Buttons changed to option help ok cancel in that order. Ok instead of Login
> caption because that is the standard in most operating systems.
a) IMHO it is more logical to keep the caption "login" but I
   won't argue with that for now.
b) IMHO OK/Login should be the leftmost button. Options
   second, cancel third, help rightmost. Any other opinions ?
   The way it is now seems illogical to me.

> All original code still in file
> Hope this hasn't broken the CVS as works on my machine.
Works here.

Hilmar, any chance you can make the advanced options login a
drop down part of the main panel ? IOW when I hit the
"options"/"advanced" button the main panel grows downwards
displaying the advanced options and the button label changes
to "basic" upon hitting which only basic options are displayed
again. There would be an option in the config file whether to
initially display advanced options on startup or not.

I'd certainly prefer that approach visually.