[Gnumed-devel] signalling with passing of parameters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] signalling with passing of parameters
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:19:17 +0100

Upon receiving the dispatcher signal "patient_changed" a
callback to gmGuiMain.OnPatientChanged() happens. In there we
rely on appropriate parameters being passed in via keyword
parameters.

I wonder if this is "appropriate" ?

I can see the benefit of passing in the ID of the patient for
removing ambiguity in cases where several patients are
concerned (waiting list, etc.) but what about the other
parameters ? Shouldn't we be going through gmCachedPerson to
retrieve what we need ? Data in there will be cached partially
already by whomever changed the currently selected patient in
the first place.

Am I getting this wrong here ? This is a very simplistic
example for a much more complicated scenario but I'd like to
get things right here rather than having to struggle later on.

Regards,