[Gnumed-devel] new server going online

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] new server going online
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:19:52 +1100

The new server will go online this weekend.

For now, gnumed.net will look just the same as before.

keyserver.gnumed.net will host a public key server, syncing for now with Tony
Lembkes key server at http://www.keyserver.medicine.net.au

The domain "drugref.org" will host Ians online database. No advertising yet
pleas until it looks beautiful and is fully functional

The domains therapeutic-guidelines.org/net/com will primarily forward traffic
to the Australian Therapeutic Guidelines, but also start a new project
similar to drugref.org with wiki style peer reviewed therapeutic guidelines
(the wikipaedia of medicine ?)

Since we can host any number of domains on this server, any reasonable
suggestion is welcome that liberates medicine from the claws of "intellectual
property". Anybody creative with good ideas is welcome; we have root access
and an pretty much implement whatever we want, install whatever software we
need (as long as it compiles on freeBSD on ix86 architecture).

I expect some turmoil during the DNS changeover, which thanks to gnu.org will
not affect the mailing list nor CVS.

Horst