Re: [Gnumed-devel] i18n.sql

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] i18n.sql
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:10:47 +1100

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:39:12 +0100 (CET)
Hilmar Berger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> If it is b), we have to pass the language as an parameter of the query or
> store the language of each client at the backend and pass the client id.
> Neither the approach using views nor the _() function allow for that as
> far as I can see .

_ () can look up current_user in a users table to find their language and
return the appropriate translation, at the expense of speed. _ () would have to
be incorporated
into client queries (instead of the install .sql scripts at present)

Of course, to re-interate my point, _ () won't work on the clinical notes
written by other doctors!