Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplified gm_drugs

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplified gm_drugs
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:15:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Horst Herb wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 04:44, Hilmar Berger wrote:
> > If we want be absolutely sure to have all codes I could send an email to
> > the institute that created this list for the WHO. The list is freely
> > available as far as I know.
>
> Please do so. I wish you luck. I did so some time ago on behalf of drugref.org
> and got zero response despite repeated enquiries.
>
> The only WHO source of ATC codes I found on the web is either a free download
> of a *sample* database (1000 entries only) or an expensive subscription.
Oops, seems that I have misread my source - the document says that there
is no copyright on the ATC code, so you are free to give it away once you
have it. To obtain the complete list you have to pay:

Quoting from www.whocc.ndm.no :  "The Index and Guidelines are
updated annually in January, and are available on a yearly subscription
basis. The subscription period is from 1 January to 31 December. Price:
$200 per year. Half price after 1 July."

Yearly updates to the ATC/DDD-list are available for free on this website.

My source, however, contains a list of about 4000 single drug codes dating
from 1999, which I will compare to your list.

Hilmar