[Gnumed-devel] Eye Candy

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Eye Candy
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:52:21 +1100

May email has been disabled for some time and I've found a temporary solution
to post this message.

Contrary to Ian's comment I'm still present on the list. My impression was
that those doing the backend were working hard and there was currently no
need for my participation.

The suggestion of dumping my front end and labelling it eye candy does cause
me some consternation for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, the front end not only looks good but is brilliantly
functional. Compared to the sort of design used by most medical programs,
typified by medical director here in Oz, in use, this front end is a factor
of several times or more faster.

If these embryonic gui files get shunted into a different arm of the project,
as you all know, they won't get used at all, because I'm not able to program
to  connect them to any backend, and that would be very disappointing for the
project. I only learnt enough wxPython to throw together a sample design.

Perhaps we can have some clarification of this. Is the concensus that someone
(not me) will be writing a new front end in place of my work?

Regards

Richard