Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?Do we want another gnuMed.au Conference soon

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?Do we want another gnuMed.au Conference soon
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:17:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
> input. I think, in addition, we should have some agreed times to chat on
> an ICQ channel.
Good idea, that could speed up the discussion on some issues a lot.
> Less exciting, but better for some technical issues that
> need resolving, in particular:
>       - settling on an internal API for database access
>       - getting gmclinical finished (or at least workable)
>       - agreeing on a list of key functions to complete (scripts,
> notes, demographics) and delagating those tasks
>
> Once we have a basic system, it is much easier for people to add-on
> smaller components in their own time (Obstetric, Allergies, Referrals,
> etc.). It also becomes more saleable to
> guys like Ken Harvey for decision-support research.
I agree absolutely. Now that we have a idea on what Gnumed could look like
we
should write down what parts should be finished first and what will go
into
the next development cycle.

Some time ago I started to create a document that lists all
existing/planned

parts of gnumed noting their actual state and maintainers. I will try to
update this
list within the next days and post it to the mailing list. Maybe it helps
spot
areas in which work has to be intensified.

Regards, Hilmar