Re: [Gnumed-devel] Still Stuck

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Still Stuck
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:34:52 +0100

> Hoping to get a line by line instruction of how to proceed.
>
> I have no tables in my database at all. I can't seem to get any of the
> scripts
> to work.

1) get a fresh copy of gnumed from cvs
2) drop any preexisting database named gnumed
3) goto server/utils/
4) create a link "modules" to client/python-common/
5) create a link "sql" to server/sql/
6) copy bootstrap-standard-AU.conf.sample to my-db.conf
7) check my-db.conf for any options you want to change
   (explanations are in bootstrap-gm_db_system.conf.sample)
8) bootstrap the database with the following command:

.../server/utils/$> bootstrap-gm_db_system.py --conf-file=my-db.conf

9) follow on-screen instructions
10) complain if you don't have a working database now

> Last time I mucked round with gnumed I just ran one of those script files
> horst had created and hey presto, now I can't even find them.
They are gone. They didn't cover enough ground anymore.