[Gnumed-devel] pypgsql pitfall

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] pypgsql pitfall
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:59:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi Richard:

I just looked through my install notes...
The pypgsql rpm I found had problems... so I
went with a source install.

Have you tried installing pypgsql from source?
Did you install pypgsql in a standard directory?

I remember being confused at the pypgsql stage of the install.
The problem I had was I put it into a directory pypgsql
thought was non-standard.  It didn't work until I specified
the directory in 'setup.py'

Annoying about this pitfall is the install fails and you get some
missing leading message about gcc.
I remember this part well because, despite some experience in
C programming, I wondered for a short time if it's a problem
I can't solve.  I wonder if the problem you're having is
another symptom of this...

Michael