Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:21:29 +0100

> In my program If I partially typed in something then switched to another app,
> it would still be there.
It happens sporadically.

> Only the <enter> key in this text box will run the
> search algorithm.
Of course.

> If I've been doing something with the patient and then click once again on
> the patient search box which contains the current patients name etc, the
> system detects if I have unsaved data, unprinted scripts etc and prompts to
> complete these tasks,
This happens here as well, just slightly later: Only when the
search algo or user finally settled upon a new patient to
activate is the old one discarded and associated data saved.
Not how it says on the console "committing patient not
implemented yet". This is actually generic and happens
whenever the gmTmpPatient.gmDefPatient is changed via the
appropriate signal.

> and then the get-focus event clears the text box and
> allows the user to input new name to search for.
Might be an idea to clear the box upon get-focus. Made a note
in the code.