Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:55:02 +0200

Jean:

Aha ! You are using the account "gm-dbowner" to log in to your
GnuMed database. This account is not intended for that and
will not work (as you noticed ;-)   The purpose of this
account is to OWN all the objects in a GnuMed database. Think
of this as a "postgres" account specific for GnuMed databases.
By moving the administrative rights for GnuMed databases to
the account "gm-dbowner" we can avoid having to use the
"postgres" superuser account for most things. This is like
avoiding to work as root on a UNIX system...

If I remember correctly you are using the
bootstrap-standard-AU.conf for setting up your database ? This
config file imports the SQL script gmTestAccounts.sql which
sets up a few test accounts ... Take a look at
gnumed/server/sql/gmTestAccounts.sql for user names and
passwords ...

BTW: Happy birthday ! (?) How does it feel at 31 ?  ;-)

> /home/consultation/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py:130:
> DeprecationWarning: Use Python's False instead
>  faceName = ''
> /home/consultation/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py:205:
> DeprecationWarning: Use Python's True instead
>  self.SetAutoLayout( true )

Hurra ! At least the warning filter seems to work :-)

Cheers,