Re: [Gnumed-devel] Patient search stuff - comments

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Patient search stuff - comments
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 01:38:45 +0200

> It is not 'attatched to' or 'within' gnumed. On my machine it pops up in the
> top left hand corner. when I went to click on it to enlarge it it disappeared
> back about 5 windows behind everything. I had to minimise program by program
> to find where it had gone. It needs to pop up centrally and of a decent size.

That's two separate problems both of which mentioned in the
announcement in the hope that someone goes fixing them.

However, the patient pick list IS modal - you can't do a thing
in the rest of GnuMed while it's open. I do see the problem
though, you want it to "stick" to the main window and to always
appear on top of it. The docs say that the dialog style
wxSTAY_ON_TOP only works in Windows. However, that's not
*really* what we want. We would want it to "stick" to the
"front" of the GnuMed GUI window and be modal, I suppose. I
tried changing a few other values (such as "parent") to maybe
achieve something closer to what we want. It may be possible
but may also depend on settings in the Window Manager/Desktop
Environment ...  Anyone implement it and I am fine with that.

The other thing is the non-decent size right now. I just
haven't figured out how to make it auto-size to the list
width at, say, 10 displayed lines.

> What happened to the drop down list which should be attatched to the patient
> search box?
It is available via <ALT-P> (Previous patients). Just as the
tooltip says. Please suggest other ways to get at the
information if need be.