Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:46:26 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

A summary of "allowed" datatypes can be found at http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/xmlrpc-howto/xmlrpc-howto-types.html I would encourage the use of "dictionary" type parameters, explicitly the use of one single dictionary style parameter for that matter: simple and straightforward and yet very flexible.

Are you telling me that I *can* use the array and struct data
types or, to be more precise, that you recommend passing one
single variable of type struct ?

Both. You *can* use these parameter types, but I would perceive it more elegant (and easier to handle programmatically) to have a single struct (dict) type parameter.
What you cannot use is "None" as value for parameters, which is a PITA.

Horst