[Gnumed-devel] allergy field connected to backend

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] allergy field connected to backend
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 17:22:11 +0200

*Slightly* updated allergy table. gnumed-public bootstrapped
accordingly.

Database now signals allergy insertions/deletions via notify
from a trigger.

gmClinicalRecord now listens on the backend for allergy
insertions/deletions and invalidates cache if it's patient is
concerned. It then signals the frontend about the change.

gmTopPanel now listens on allergy change signals and updates
itself accordingly.

Signal "patient selected" processing in gmTopPanel also calls
_update_allergies().

Thus, a framework + working example for cached, asynchronously
signaled data changes seems to exist from whence we can work
forward.

The only missing key piece IMHO for serious work and actual
deployment at a minimal level of functionality is dependable
table auditing.

We need test data and an audit on my code.