[Gnumed-devel] Comments on SOAP

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on SOAP
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:56:34 +1000

I've heaps to say on this but not right now cause I've a busy day. Suffice to
say that its something I've given much thought to. It is the one thing I
never actually implemented into my MedRec program - not for any real reason
other than I stopped at that point when the writing on the wall said that I'd
have to give the program up one day.

 Malcolm Ireland and I (you will remember Malcolm is a GP/Academic/IT
degree/Director of Medical IT at the Hunter Urban Division/ etc etc, spent
quite a lot of time some years ago experimenting with SOAP stuff and
presenting it intelligently in a medical records system. I think it lends it
self to intelligent contextural use of the phrase wheel (learning our habits)
and that used correctely this concept can  help rapidly enter quite detailed
and personalised SOAP notes.

I'm going to spend an hour or two with Malcolm going over this, and will
write at great lengh on it at some point over the next couple of weeks. It is
certainly crucial to a medical records system to get this right. Perhaps I
should prototype something in V/B for the gnMed Conference.

Regards

Richard