Re: [Gnumed-devel] OSCAR McMaster Workshop

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OSCAR McMaster Workshop
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:11:29 +1000

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:20:20 +1000
richard terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> One would hope not. In fact complexity should be hidden from the user. One
> advantage of the editing area concept is that it removes much of the
> complexity by automatising (if there is such a word) much of the effort it
> takes to enter data. I still think the web paradigms are of little practical
> use in a GPs office!

A recurring nightmare of mine its that Web-based notes will be introduced into
the
hospitals, the current path system is bad enough:

        Med reg: So, what's Mr X's white cell-count?
        Me: Sorry, Explorer just crashed again....

On a lighter note, can we fuse Karsten's editing area with the existing
scratch-pad widget
(currently just a boring text widget, see client/patient/ScratchpadRecalls.py)?

Ian