[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUMed arch

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUMed arch
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:59:11 +0200

Hi Michel (?),

you are correct that currently there is not middleware in the
sense of a second tier application server. Currently we
connect to the database directly but abstracted through gmPG.

I am not sure I can agree that this represents a lack of
security. There are always trade-offs one way or the other.
Please tell me of the concerns you have with security.

We intend to use XML-RPC "services" as "middleware" in the
near future. Each service is supposed to encapsulate a
well-defined part of the system such as "demographics",
"clinical data", "documents" etc.

GnuMed *does* use objects to model the data: See
client/business/*

> Could you tell me is I'm wrong, and if I can be involved in the server
> part of the project. (I have some ideas as I'm developping a GPL
> middleware using XML_RPC protocol w/ postgresql as backend for object
> persistence).
This sounds very interesting ! Please describe your ideas on
the mailing list. Also, within the last month or two there
were some posts on the list about the service structure which
you should find in the archives.