Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box soap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box soap
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:05:52 +0200

> How does it work and
It is nothing much more than a wxTextCtrl and the buttons Save
and Discard the former of which is expected to go away with
time. Upon "Save" (or upon selecting another patient) it will
save itself into the database in the table clin_note. This is
done via calls to the API of the EPR business object obtained
from gmCurrentPatient['clinical record'].

> how is it mean to be used?
IIRC, David said in here that he uses a simple text field and
structures his notes by arranging them manually. I have heard
of this method being used by other docs before. At times I use
it myself. So I figured a dead simple input field should get
us *somewhere*.

I have not implemented *display* of them clinical notes at all
yet. I do have skeleton code contributed by my brother. I am
thinking of two wxTreeCtrl views: "continuity of care" which
would be a tree of "encounter(s) -> issue+episode(s) -> SOAP"
and "health problems" which is "issue(s) -> episode(s) ->
encounter(s) -> SOAP".

> SOAP is the xml soap ?
No, it refers to the shorthand for Subjective, Objective,
Assessment, Plan, IOW, the subject headings.

For all that to work I had to ramp up the encounter support
which I am still into at the moment.