Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:11:46 +1000

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:55, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> patient input/search/modification
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> maintainer:
>
> hackers:

I've got four different patient data entry panels already, all working, one of
them has been used during our internal trial phase with the appointment
scheduler. Just have to modify the way it accesses the database (was a crude
hack, not using even gmPG) in order to submit it. Should have done so long
ago.

I am off now to catch my plane to Canberra to have talks with peers, industry
representatives and politicians regarding among other things my open source
paper (which would make it a requirement to license all publicly funded
software with GPL or similar licenses), so I won't have time do do anything
before the weekend. Cross fingers for a good outcome.

The only thing that might harm the FOSS proposal right now is the claim of
some members of the Medical Software Industry Association of Australia that I
have a vested or even an undeclared interest in this - but even that is no
problem any more since there are now enough "stakeholders" not involved in
any FOSS development able to take over from me at any time should this be
beneficial to the outcome.

Horst