Re: [Gnumed-devel] Qt licensing issues for GNUmed

From: Les Ferguson
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Qt licensing issues for GNUmed
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:36:42 +1200

The QT Designer and run-time libraries are very nice and provide a
comprehensive solution set - both for user interface and cross-platform
support functions, like file system access etc, if you are doing a commercial
development.

However I have only considered it useful for non-commercial GPL productions
targetting Linux and ignoring the Windows compatability issue (at least until
I get an application that a paying user wants ported to Win).

Note: I have still not gotten up to speed with anything on Linux that enables
me to develop working solutions as fast as I could in Visual Basic, but QT
would be my first choice for rapid UI development on Linux.  Other gui
designers and libraries are still worth investigating, and I am still
contemplating going with Java as the best cross-platform solution.  Has
anybody found specific problems with wx, using either wxPython or C++ ?

--
Les Ferguson