[Gnumed-devel] gmPG higher-level features?

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmPG higher-level features?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:06:51 -0400

I've been working on business/gmTmpPatient.py, to try to
extend it to be a demographics middleware layer.
(perhaps it should be called gmTmpPerson now??)

Looking at the code, I'm not sure why we can't have 3 functions in
gmPG:
        run_select (service, query, args)

        run_update (service, query, args)

        run_list (service, [(query, args), ...])

these cache connections and cursors as appropriate, take care
of error reporting, grab read or read/write connections as
appropriate, etc.

run_list takes a set of commands which are run on a read/write
connection in order, which a single commit at the end (i.e a
transaction)

This would save a lot of space.

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E