Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:59:35 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
> I haven't even moved past the reinstallation phase, but am stuck at just
> trying to figure out how to initially install gnumed.
>
> Any suggestions? Any links to add to my /etc/apt/sources.list?
AFAIK all needed packages should be available from the standard
Debian-stable server. A I am on Debian/Unstable/Knoppix-Hack, I cannot tell you
if there
are any problems with the Stable version. The only thing I had to manually
install was PyPgSQL (there were some dependencies that were not met as far as I
remember).
Please have a look at the User Manual (you will find it under
http://www.gnumed.org/documentation/home.html or in the CVS tree in
/gnumed/client/doc/UserManual), section Installation->Debian, for the names of
the packages that you
will need. There might have been some changes regarding the packaging of
mxdatetime, but that should be no problem (just install all mx* packages if in
doubt).

Hilmar