Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmEditArea broken
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:29:57 +0100 (MET)

> gm(PastHistory)EditArea is currently broken in CVS.
> I cannot exit Gnumed properly
That is an known problem (at least to me). GnuMed hangs because the
_save_date() method throws an exception, which somehow breaks the gmDispatcher
call.
That way the call to gmDispatcher from gnumed.py (or was it gmGuiMain ?)
will never return and  the Gui main loop cannot be exited.

> 1227, in _save_data
>     clinical = self.patient.get_clinical_record().get_past_history()
> AttributeError: gmPastHistoryEditArea instance has no attribute 'patient'

looks to me like self.patient has not been correctly initialized.
I have seen this behaviour before, but right now I can exit GnuMed without
problems. There are so many inconsistencies in the clinical gui that it is not
really a surprise. There is a lot to do...

> Looks like Hilmar added _save_data().
Not *this* one. I added _save_date for all EditAreas that had no _save_data
method because the default _save_data() will throw an exception by default
(it's supposed to be overloaded by every EditArea).

Hilmar

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail