Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:54:32 +0100

Hi Hilmar !

You are right. Content is very important. This is an ongoing process.

I believe two tasks are essential right now

1.) unify the websites
2.) create content

I would like to see 2nd postponed until we get the unified site up and
running.

@1.) Please one of you guys with wiki skills discuss which one to use.
If there is not enough discussion the one who will set it up decides !
I still need info myself about whiich severs are available plus which OS they
run on plus who maintains them.

I would appreciate gnumed.net/org running a public database. Please make it
run on GNU/Linux since Karsten prefers that and he is the one to set up
(bootstrap) databases on a regular basis.

Beesides the developer manual I would like to see all content moved to one
page. This means we need a concept for the rest of the site.
Please someone propose a table of contents or whatever one would call it.
This means which section should the new page have ?
After that we (I) can move content to the individual section.

I like CMS since I have webbased access and can edit the page without the need
to download any static pages.

You might have noticed I used postnuke for gnumed.de/openmed.org but it
doesn't provide on the fly translations for blocks. Thilo said he will look
into Typo3. I have read promising reports about it. Maybe we could start with
the original gnumed.org and just edit categories if necessary.

Please someone with design skills rework the color scheme.

I will keep bugging because that is what I can do best :-)

Sebastian