[Gnumed-devel] demographics.sql

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] demographics.sql
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:54:35 +1100

There are some potentially controversial changes I would like to make to
gmDemographics

1/ Organisations present a problem. At present, a lot of GUI and middleware
code is going to get written
which repeats what we have with "org" substituted with "identity" I would like
to have a "special gender"
to mark organisations in the identity table, saving this work. The clinical
stuff is going to need to guard against
linking to such an entry, possiblity a view real_person could help here.

or can org and identity share a common ancestor?

2/ Numbers, such as "Medicare number", "provider number, etc." Obviously totally
locale and context specific. In the backend and business layer its easily to
generalise
like we do with comms channels, but difficult at the GUI level.
Should we have
if locale == "AU"
elif locale == "DE":

or somethng else? I'm not sure what.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E