Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:50:01 +1100

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:40, James Busser wrote:
> > "any-doc". Problem is, it's unusably slow, this appears to be due to
> > server CPU load
> > rather than bandwidth (downloading maxes out my ADSL line easily)
>
> Is it important enough to the project to secure an adequate server? If
> it's a cost that would need to be borne, and if we can price out
> something reasonable I'd contribute.

gnumed.net and drugref.org are currently on a "virtual root" server, and
server load depends on what the other virtual roots are doing. Used to be
fast, but now somebody else appears to be hogging CPU time.

I have got a second *very* fast and dedicated server, not shared with anybody
else. I have given Karsten root-alike privileges for that one. Postgres 7.41,
Python 2.3 and pypgsql are already installed.

If somebody has time to move gnumed.net and drugref.org onto that server, be
my guest.

Horst