[Gnumed-devel] forms et al.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] forms et al.
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:43:03 +0100

Richard,
can you please forward this in case it doesn't show up as I am
still on an unreliable mail path. Thanks.

Ian,

I appreciate the work on forms that you committed. I
especially like the form_types.engine attribute. I have
modified the tables slightly to be more in line with the rest
of the GnuMed schema.

One thing I don't understand: why is there so much (seeming)
emphasis on the link between discipline and any one of the
forms ? At least in German community care this doesn't really
make much sense at all but OTOH I don't really understand what
you are trying to do. I can see the value in providing
discipline as a *grouping* field on form rows such that they
can be pre-selected according to some logic or other.

Here we've got a cast of thousands when it comes to forms. In
99% we refer to them by "name", mostly by a short name, IOC by
long(isher) names. That'd also be the way to select them from
some menu or such.

I think I am misunderstanding the intent behind that field.

Karsten

PS: Please CC me since I am still getting list posts
erratically.