Re: [Gnumed-devel] design comment: prescription/drug ID

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] design comment: prescription/drug ID
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:34:57 +0200

> My point (not made clearly), is that with a separate notes widget we are
> flicking from the notes widget to record our inital impression,
> then over to the editareas to "do" stuff: prescribe, refer, whatever: as we
> do on paper.
Ah ! Quite true. Clever analysis.

However, Richard believes in note taking while doing stuff,
too. That's what his progress notes lines are for in the edit
area. However, I always had that nagging feeling those
progress notes lines where insufficient for *some* situations.
Again, let me repeat my suggestion of, yes, doing your
omnipotent one-or-two line input widget *outside* Richard
space and *also* keeping Richard-space edit areas. They
*should* be accessing the same business classes anyways. And
if someone does not like either mess over the other she is
always free to not load either of them and write her own ...

> [quoting gnumed/client/doc/TODO/developer-guide.txt]
>
> > symbolic: $symb:PATIENT_LAST_NAME$
this is the most simple case

> > SQL: $SQL:identity.PUPIC$
> Not sure, IMO better to use the business layer via the below method.
sure, it's more a catch-all last resort with obvious security
implications ...  whenever possible the business layer should
be used

> > pure Python: $eval:my_fancy_method('a', 3)$
also, a last-resort all-powerful, yet questionable thing

> > Gnumedlets: $gmlet:my_gnumedlet.py$
> We need to clarify the local namespace these Python snippets operate in. It
> would make sense
> to define a few things (the "symbolic" as above) as local variables. (So,
> "eval" and "symb" domains can be folded into one.)

sounds like a cleanup to me, so basically we'd want

$gmlet:label$ and $:label$

where the GnuMedlets are running in a defined environment
(think gmMacroPrimitives) while the :label things access
locally defined variables in that defined environment ?

> > does the updated get_names() in gmDemographicRecord satisfy
> > the needs of gmForms.send_referral() adequately ?
> yes, except "title" is missing.
except for now it's there :-)