Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] owiki install on hherb.com
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:39:00 -0400

I say someone should go ahead with moinmoin ASAP, or go with twiki for the mean time...

The main thing that needs to be configured on horst's twiki is, renaming:

http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistrationPub

to:

http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration

since the latter (the default) is for intranet installs and requires a user login name for the intranet or whatever... we don't want that. This is the most common complaint/issue with twiki installs. It is too bad Debian still hasn't hacked twiki to make the first one the default. This is mentioned on http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiInstallationGuide:

"*Copy* the TWikiRegistrationPub <http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistrationPub> topic to TWikiRegistration <http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration>, overwriting old version of TWikiRegistration. Do that by either editing the topics in theTWiki web, or by renaming the |.txt| and |.txt,v| files in the |twiki/data/TWiki| directory."

Then someone can create a new web GnuMed, at:

http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/TWiki/ManagingWebs

Then we can copy the txt files from my twiki. Then moinmoin later. Someone should just be given access to install it if they want and then it can be tested. I've also heard about kwiki which is becoming popular. Too many choices!

David

Tim Churches wrote:

Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
Any reason you don't want to use MoinMoin,
I don't even care. It's just that I was asked to install "the
wiki" since I do have the necessary rights on the machine.

In that case, try MoinMoin - it works well for us and Jürgen Hermann, its author, seems very helpful (and in any case, the underlying Python code is easy to hack). See http://moin.sourceforge.net/

I may be able to help with the apache configuration - it is a bit tricky on hherb.com due to the use of virtual servers.

Or you could use ZWiki, which is a Zope-based wiki. Zope is alreday installed on hherb.com, but I can't offer any assistance there - I tried unsuccessfully to bring up a second instance of Zope (and Plone) on hherb.com to host the OSHCA web site. For the moment, the OSHCA site will remian as plain HTML served by Apache, which at least I understand. MoinMoin is implemented as a Python CGI programme called from Apache, which is as simple (and reliable) as you can get.

Tim C