[Gnumed-devel] form_data

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] form_data
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:20:13 +0200

Ian,

maybe I am dense or bone-headed or something but, yes, IMO
we DO still need gmclinical.form_data.

I believe there is an important difference in the ACT of
referring a patient (which should be recorded in
gmclinical.referral) and the INSTANCE of the "form" used for
the referral (which is stored in
gmclinical.form_instance/data). If we change the referral form
(add a field) we don't need to change form_data at all. We'd
however have to alter the table referral. The referral table
won't work for more than one or two localities due to
differences in form requirements, eg. where would you store
the fields "Mit-/Weiterbehandlung", "Zielauftrag",
"Arbeitsunfall", etc etc. All those exist on German referral
forms. form_data handles them just fine.

This may be greatly facilitated by a an incarnation of
gmForms.store_form_instance(form, data). If no one else can
get around to that I'd offer to write it if that's a barrier
to adoption of form_data (see, I'm quite stubborn on this ;-)