[Gnumed-devel] http://gnumed.org/links/cvs.html

From: colemw
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] http://gnumed.org/links/cvs.html
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:27:15 -0400

I have been trying to install gnumed on a dell inspiron 3200 with
linux 2.4.  I downloaded the files using the .deb packages when
available.  I think that I am having trouble locating the files that
were tar.gz'd.  I tried them as .rpm and then converting them to .deb
via alien, but I am not sure that it worked.
When I run python /opt/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/python.py I get
the following:
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/opt/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gnumed.py", line 65,
        in ? warnings.filterwarnings("default",
        "Use\sPython.s\sFalse\sinstead", DeprecationWarning)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'filterwarnings'

What do I need to look at to help me figure out what to do?
Thanks in advance,
Michael Cole
PS: I am interested in helping to get this software functional. I am a
practicing physician wtih some programming background.