Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:05:27 +1000

On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:46, Ian Haywood wrote:
> > I remember we had discussed this before. I would now vote to implement
> > the gnumed demographic service based on LDAP. All we would need to do is
> > agree on
>
> I was referring to just contacts, putting all the patients in there too is
> another kettle of fish.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONTACTS AND PATIENTS!!!
(Sorry for the shouting). It is non-sensical to distinguish these two
categories of identities, since they share the vast majority of attributes,
and can indeed be both.

Putting the patients onto an LDAP server would indeed be a huge advantage,
since that's the easiest and most standard conformant way of sharing
addresses.

Horst