Re: [Gnumed-devel] test ldap server for gnumed

From: Tony Lembke
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] test ldap server for gnumed
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:32:12 +1000

On 20/05/2004, at 12:22 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

On May 19, 2004, at 4:42 PM, sjtan wrote:
Is there one?

Perhaps, though I know not its complete suitability, or current status - Tony?
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2002-08/msg00218.html

There is a ldap server (openldap) running currently on ldap.medicine.net.au. It is very sparsely populated, but we can add schemas etc as required. I notice the web interface is not running and I'll look into that. Actually, at the time I sent if up I could not find a standard 'medical person' schema, and thought that should be something we could define, inheriting from Organisational Person with details about speciality and ? special interests. I haven't looked at it for a while, but could easily update to the latest version of openldap. I have purchased and had a quiet read of O'Reillys 'LDAP system administration' in case we needed it. There has been some discussion on other lists about using LDAP as a gnupg keyserver and it would appear that gnupg will soon support that in a stable version.
Regards,
Tony