[Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac OS X install works !

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac OS X install works !
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:50:06 +0200

On Friday 28 May 2004 10:37, Dominique Buenzli wrote:

> The core of the system can be downloaded here:
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/  I think it works also on
> a x86 machine at least the Darwin 7.0 version

I did not know that. Worth checking out.

> I still have questions:
>
> Does your version of gnumed still works after these changes ? Or is
> there the need to make different files for mac os X ?
Even with the proposed changes it still runs on GNU/Linux.

> I will update the documentation for Mac OS X 10.3  install this
> afternoon (need some sleep after on call night) and send it to the
> list.
Yes please do

> Now time for a summary:
> INSTALLATION ON MAC OS X 10.3 (PANTHER) adds-on
>
> 1)  in file ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py:
>
> remove ligne 98 and comma at ligne 97 from
> ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py
> (,
> faceName = '')
This should be safe.

> 2)  in file ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmTopPanel.py:
>
> Replace
>
> self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND)        # ??? (IMHO: space
> is at too much of a premium for such padding)
>
> by
>
> # self.szr_stacked_rows.Add((1, 3), 0, wxEXPAND)        # ??? (IMHO:
> space is at too much of a premium for such padding)
This one is the better solution

> or
>
> # self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND)        # ??? (IMHO:
> space is at too much of a premium for such padding)
because this removes the above sizer
NO visible difference but still there

> Which one of these two is the best ???
>
> 3) in file ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmGP_PatientPicture.py:
> Replace
>
> bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img = img_data)
>
> by
>
> bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img_data)
Looking at it I wonder why this has not caused trouble on wxGTK

Yes I need to take a look at gdi.py

I will test all changes and check it into CVS.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany

Unterstützen Sie die Entwicklung von freier Software durch Ihren
        Internet - Einkauf unter der Adresse:
http://profiseller.de/shop1/index.php3?ps_id=P1658133