Re: [Gnumed-devel] to fund or not to fund :-)

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] to fund or not to fund :-)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:24:16 +1000

On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:38, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I still see nothing wrong with potential users funding the effort as they
> chose . They will never get assurance that their donations will pay off but
> neither do volunteers get that insurance. Although it may be/is wrong to
> request donation of time , infrastructure, money I see nothing wrong in
> reminding bystanders that they can make the difference in terms of
> development speed and so forth.

If it really is an issue, we should register a gnumed branch as not-for-profit
entity is some country where this is cheap and easy (and does not at the same
time open the doors to litigation), accept donations openly with open
accounting (via the web), and reimburse contributors for expenses according
to a yet to be drafted charta. But is has to be in a completely transparent
and open way.

Registering such entity in Australia is expensive and pointless. If I remember
right, in Germany it was rather cheap and painless to do this. I would be
happy to bear the costs of registration.

Horst