Re: [Gnumed-devel] low performance when working from remote server

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low performance when working from remote server
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:38:51 +0200

> I have minimized inter-module-dependencies a great deal which might explain
> the speedy loading.
We don't have that many, really.

> I have pruned down the messaging service, and got rid of the multiple layout
> manager problem. However, to the dismay of most, I am using my old notebook
> paradigm instead of Richards streamlined paradigm.
That makes no difference as to speed.

> I hope I find some day the time to comment & fix what needs to be done to
> release it back into the CVS
There's no immediate need to integrate it into CVS. It would
be helpful, however, to dump it as a tarball somewhere so we
can study the design and take hints as to how to make things
faster or better. Just post an URL and a notice that you won't
be answering comment requests fo the time being. Others may
actually integrate some of what you did without you doing
anything.