Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: vpn justification for xml-rpc

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: vpn justification for xml-rpc
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:48:14 +0200

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 15:56, Ian Haywood wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:29:44 +1000
>
> sjtan <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Or writing a separate web client.
>
> IMHO web clients are unusably slow even on the fastest network as a design
> issue Remotely, it would just be too painful.
>
> A text-only client running via SSH would be interesting, Sebastian has
> floated this previously.
The project has been started. http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxtv.
There isn't much to see. As with all projects unless some serious effort is
undertaken to boost this it will remain where it is right now.

Currently my personal feeling is that there is little need among Joe Average
and Jane Doe as they have just been introduced to GUIs like KDE, XP , MAC OSX
and so on. Despite this I will continue to support the guys at wxtv and just
maybe we will see a text-based Gnumed in the future.

BTW. wxtv will be developed against wxwidgets 2.5.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany