Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to sort out a few things

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to sort out a few things
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:27:45 +0200

> Hmm, true, never really thought about that before. AFAIK over here this is
> not something
> any of the other EHR vendors have bothered to implement.
I know of at least one package over here that does it
(Medistar).

> IMHO in this case it would be better to
In *this* particular case a privacy flag might work but ...

> be able to tweak a "privacy" setting in the drug list
> and past history widgets,
... no amount of flags will allow for the flexibility I'd like
to have, eg. free selection.

> as generally you don't want annoying popup widgets every time
> you do a referral/request, although I'm sure there are other scenarios.
Let's see. When I refer a patient I am both printing a
referral form and a referral letter. Combined this takes me
about 60 seconds provided I have good narrative already in the
EMR (I try to do that).

> You could launch these from an expression using __import__ ,  viz.
> @__import__ ("Gnumed.wxpython.gnumedlets.foo").Launch ()@
Yep, sounds like a rough plan.