[Gnumed-devel] Re: CVS update (Mac wxpython issues)

From: Dominique Buenzli
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: CVS update (Mac wxpython issues)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:39:17 +0200

Hi Sebastien !

Two good links I use all the time are.

1) How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Learning with Python
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

2)Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/

Excellent ! (Specially the second one...)... I already started to read it !

But anyway it still looks like there will be a long time before I will be able to hack into gnumed...

After your extensive mac specific debugging, the gnumed.log file is almost empty of errors (Except the splashscreen deprecated message) see attached log file.

Some errors remains in the gm-from-cvs.macosx.log file though.

Lots of them talk about a "client encoding not specified" and some definition sources not found... I am sorry but I didn't attempt enough or your excellent gnumed hacking Lessons to be able to debug these messages...
I think I will carry one with my reading of the Python tutorial.

By the way the "about box" works now and some of the graphical stuff almost appeared for a few seconds (but unable to interact with) see attached screens...

Thanks !
Dominique