Re: [Gnumed-devel] Easy database installer

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Easy database installer
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:34:17 +1000

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:16:37 +0200
Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> IMHO this is not a good idea. I admit I know little about the technicalities.
> But I know one thing. Every piece of code needs to be maintained or else
> quality will degrade. Writing this module might be easy for you guys but what
> about documenting , staying in sync with postgres, enhancing ? Think about
> it. Is it worth the effort ?
pyPgSQL itself hasn't been updated for a year, still works fine as
the postgres protocol does change but tends to be backwards-compatible
with older clients.
mxDateTime has a similar level of activity.

The ability to cut dependencies from 4 to 2 (python+wxpython) may represent
saving a similar amount
of effort for some platforms, but I agree it's hardly a priority.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E