Re: [Gnumed-devel] examining current schemas

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] examining current schemas
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:15:46 -0700

The nice documentation now available at:
http://hherb.com/gnumed/schema/

shows many tables, but there is no indication of varying databases to which each belongs, are they all in a single database "gnumed" and how do these tables relate to the .sql files in the /server/ directory? Maybe the documentation is generated from a "monolithic" gnumed which is in fact out of date and no longer represented (yet convenient) and the sql files reflect a newer, non-monolithic schema?

For example I was trying to figure out into which database/tables the doctor-administrators would be registering the doctors, staff and roles. I found the following:
http://hherb.com/gnumed/schema/#public.table.staff

but am having trouble figuring out how this table related to the /server/sql files.

PSs:
- I do not see among the web schema tables a field is_doctor, or a list of values that would include doctor, where is this provided.
- Also I did not see anywhere that the group <x-tad-smaller>gm-staff_medical </x-tad-smaller>is given permissions even to places where they should for example the street table, would this be a detail intended for later implementation?