Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:08:27 +0200

> Well, given the wiki RoadMap for this item acknowledges "input needs
> more smarts" and yet asserts it is "basically done" (for 0.1) it must
> hinge on the _extent of function_ envisioned for 0.1. I would think the
> scope must include a GUI that permits creation of a new patient, and to
> enter at least a portion of that patient's data, but maybe no more?
I agree here.

> I cannot recall a description of the _goal_ that governs the 0.1 scope,
> which could make 0.1 components (and the extent of function required)
> clearer.
Here the lack of a clear use case is raising it's head. No one
stands up and says "At the very minimum I need GnuMed to do this
and that on the first release". We (Sebastian and me) do have
specific use cases. Those are partially deployed, partially
solved, partially in progress. I have just taken those, added
in what seems like one cannot do without at all (eg patient
input), made some points a little more generic, and called the
result 0.1 roadmap. The governing goal here would be "working
minimum functionality on sound technical infrastructure".

> Maybe the actual aim for 0.1 is limited to connect several
> parts (not even necessarily all main parts) in order to determine
> connectivity issues and some additional technical choices?
Certainly a worthy goal but it'd be a shame if it was the only
one.