Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:14:09 +0200

> >>So maybe until there is an AOE the soAp is assumed to be is_aoe and
> >>the
> >>field is redundant
> >Yes, except that we can have *several* soAp rows. Only one of
> >which would be is_aoe. Or we decide to always use the
> >heuristics to declare the ?most recent or ?shortest soAp to be
> >the AOE.
>
> If I recall correctly, we were thinking to stay away from SSOOAAPP
Yes, but even if there are only two soAp rows the is_aoe field
isn't redundant. It's needed to tell apart which of the two
rows is AOE :-)

I agree we should want to stay away from having more than one
soAp where is_aoe is false.

> Therefore, when you say we can have several soAp rows, were you
> referring instead that several _health issues_ could each have one soAp
> row, totaling several soAp rows for the one physical visit?
That, too. But they can be told apart virtue of the episode
link (which is what you really mean when you say health issue).