[Gnumed-devel] Delete Photo - not sure what this means - + File (Sorry)

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Delete Photo - not sure what this means - + File (Sorry)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:46:41 +1000

This should be Remove Photo. I enclose the changed file.
As to why the Remove photo

It is more than possible (I've done it many times) to accidently load in the
wrong image  - and not have the correct one to replace it - then one is stuck
with the wrong patient picture in the file. I always cater for human error!

Perhaps we should have a little cartoon as the default photo!

Any artists want to contribute this.
So as I can improve my nomenclature, can you explain why the use of:

 ID_PUP (instead of just ID_SOMETHING)
and the underscore  in terms such as:

_on_ExportPhoto

That way if I understand I will do it as I go and not waste your time having
to fix my code.

Also, I note that I now cannot run the file in the wigit tester mode because
it bombos out on the underscore names:

 File "gmPatPicWidgets.py", line 89, in _on_RightClick_photo
    menu_patientphoto.Append(ID_PUP_AquirePhoto, _("Aquire from imaging
device"))
NameError: global name '_' is not defined

I've addedn in gmI18N to fix this problem.

Also I'll try and remember these underscore bracketed texts next time myself.
(sorry for the lapse)

Today I intend if time to work on the multiple patient popup list to get it
centred in the screen  - column sizes adjusted etc. Note my previous email
about what does and doesn't work in the search box. Pretty booked out today -
will have about 40 + patients so won't get to it till tonight I suspect.

Thanks again for your patience with my learning - but I'm getting there.

Regards

Richard